The Australian 300zx Owners Association  

Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > General > Z Re-builds

Z Re-builds Rebuilding your ZX? Post about it here. This is for major rebuild threads only, minor mods and tech questions still go in Z Related Technical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #161
BLACK BEAST
SLICKTOP TT R-SPEC
 
BLACK BEAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New South Wales
Thanks: 124
Thanked 335 Times in 255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob260 View Post
Bottom end looked ok -could have been as simple as fixing the heads but I've already started down the rabbit hole (again) lol
some people never learn

good to see you found the problems .

sticking with the same turbos?

.
__________________
348.5 RWKW (467RWHP)..Stock High Flows
492.1 RWKW (660RWHP)..GT2860RS
565.7 RWKW (758RWHP)..GTX2863R
BLACK BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 11:50 AM   #162
rob260
Moderator
 
rob260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New South Wales
Thanks: 0
Thanked 524 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK BEAST View Post
some people never learn

good to see you found the problems .

sticking with the same turbos?

.
I'm learning, slowly lol

Turbos were the first thing to go; not sure what I'll replace them with as of yet but I'd be crazy not to take advantage of more modern tech.
__________________
300zx Performance Parts & Servicing

.com
rob260 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 11:53 AM   #163
rob260
Moderator
 
rob260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New South Wales
Thanks: 0
Thanked 524 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
How many killerwasps this time?
Funny thing before pulling the heads down the machine shop guy says "this sort of thing is pretty common in engines that were pushed to hard before they were run in" lol

So to answer your question, I don't have anything in mind, should make more thav last time as it'll have a few upgrades but at this stage I'll settle for "enough" and count the chickens when they hatch haha
__________________
300zx Performance Parts & Servicing

.com
rob260 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #164
Z32 TT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western Australia
Thanks: 47
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob260 View Post
Funny thing before pulling the heads down the machine shop guy says "this sort of thing is pretty common in engines that were pushed to hard before they were run in" lol

So to answer your question, I don't have anything in mind, should make more thav last time as it'll have a few upgrades but at this stage I'll settle for "enough" and count the chickens when they hatch haha
What about the valve seats what they look like? Glad The bottom end is ok. hopefully you can trap 140+ This time
__________________
ET = 11.6 @ 118MPH
stock: dumps/exhaust to catback/injectors/engine/turbos/fuel pump -e85/z1intercoolers

ET = 11.2 @ 125MPH 75 shot
Z32 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #165
rob260
Moderator
 
rob260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New South Wales
Thanks: 0
Thanked 524 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32 TT View Post
What about the valve seats what they look like? Glad The bottom end is ok. hopefully you can trap 140+ This time
Ha might need to upgrade the driver as well

Didn't get a good look at the valve seats as the heads were in the washer and I only got a loon at the other side when he was explaining the issue with the guides.
__________________
300zx Performance Parts & Servicing

.com
rob260 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #166
Z32 TT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western Australia
Thanks: 47
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob260 View Post
Ha might need to upgrade the driver as well

Didn't get a good look at the valve seats as the heads were in the washer and I only got a loon at the other side when he was explaining the issue with the guides.
Practice makes perfect! I mean hopefully someone gets in the 150mph area sometime soon. Black beast could I reckon if his block stayed together
__________________
ET = 11.6 @ 118MPH
stock: dumps/exhaust to catback/injectors/engine/turbos/fuel pump -e85/z1intercoolers

ET = 11.2 @ 125MPH 75 shot
Z32 TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #167
ProckyZ89
Senior Member
 
ProckyZ89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New South Wales
Thanks: 26
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32 TT View Post
Practice makes perfect! I mean hopefully someone gets in the 150mph area sometime soon. Black beast could I reckon if his block stayed together
If his game enough to rev it there, his my bet

If not I'm potentially looking at a certain vr38 zed when it's ready to rock and roll
__________________
222.4rwkw~stock turbos 14.5psi (98)
438.4rwkw~GTX2863R 25.5(98wmi)
497.4rwkw~GTX2863R 30>25 (e85)
ProckyZ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > General > Z Re-builds

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.