The Australian 300zx Owners Association  

Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > General > Z Re-builds

Z Re-builds Rebuilding your ZX? Post about it here. This is for major rebuild threads only, minor mods and tech questions still go in Z Related Technical

Old 20-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #21
Anti
14.7 x 14.7 = 44.1

I'm actually loving this. That's some bloody nice fab work. God those intercooler pipes are low though. Can you give us some more photos of the cooling system and some explanation?

^^ build thread >> garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists View Post
with Anti's build anything goes
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #22
300zxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
I'm actually loving this. That's some bloody nice fab work. God those intercooler pipes are low though. Can you give us some more photos of the cooling system and some explanation?
Yeah the intercooler piping is way low. It's an original HKS kit and is no longer in production. I've done an alternative setup on another Z where you hole saw through the inner guard but I hesitated doing that on this car.

I will likely get PWR to make me a new one for a couple reasons because the end tank outlets are only 2.25" and will likely choke out on big boost. Plus side it's responsive as and I'm making boost really early. I'll move to a custom tapered log manifold with front mount throttle body which will cut out about 2ft of piping in an effort to counter the larger diameter piping and bigger intercooler when I get to it.

As for the cooling system itself I'm running a big custom PWR radiator with 50mm core. Coupled with the 3000cfm SPAL e-fan it runs cool as anything, even heat soaked to shit in traffic on a 35C day here in Brisbane.

(Diagram shows 42mm but I stepped this up to 50mm based on PWRs recommendations)

300zxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #23
Anti
14.7 x 14.7 = 44.1

Sounds like you've got it thought out. Didn't know HKS ever did an off the shelf cooler. More phptoos of the kit on the car?

^^ build thread >> garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists View Post
with Anti's build anything goes
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #24
300zxt

They certainly did however it's been discontinued for a long while now.

It was a complete fluke I was able to find it; being 70% efficient designed core with about a 1.5psi pressure drop the only real downside is the low piping route. But for my application as mentioned the end tank outlet diameter will restrict me at high(er) boost levels so I'm upgrading this anyway and will reroute it.

If you take a look at my intake piping, this gives you an idea of what it will look like at some point.

300zxt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > General > Z Re-builds