The Australian 300zx Owners Association  

Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > Buy and Sell > For Sale by Businesses

For Sale by Businesses Zed-related items for sale by commercial traders.

Old 22-04-2017, 10:35 PM   #141
IB
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLDZDR View Post
My car is NA stock radiator and stock radiator hose.
Maybe that is the difference, I had a stock TT radiator when I tried to fit the brace.
Old 23-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #142
rob260

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB View Post
Maybe that is the difference, I had a stock TT radiator when I tried to fit the brace.
The problem with V1 is that they were built and test fitted around a car with a PWR twin pass rad that has a different outlet to stick. The oem rad has an angled outlet which is what caused the issues with fouling. As far as I know anyone that contacted UAS once the issue was identified received a refund but it was years ago and I don't remember specifics.

.com
rob260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #143
IB
?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob260 View Post
The problem with V1 is that they were built and test fitted around a car with a PWR twin pass rad that has a different outlet to stick. The oem rad has an angled outlet which is what caused the issues with fouling. As far as I know anyone that contacted UAS once the issue was identified received a refund but it was years ago and I don't remember specifics.
LOL, I was told there was something wrong with my zed. No refund was ever offered.
Old 23-04-2017, 11:28 PM   #144
QLDZDR
ID=David

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB View Post
Post #135
Shows a pic of V1 brace (black in this pic) and below it is a pic of V2 brace (Silver in pic)

If you look at the welded joints for each, you will know if you had the V1 or V2.

Sounds like you had V1, but I thought you bought yours around the same time as I did. I definitely have the V2 and it fits with enough room for the radiator hose to fit infront of the horizontal bar. So it wouldn't matter if the outlet was angled down or straight back at same height as brace.

The stock NA radiator is quite thin, the outlet is straight back and at same height as the brace and still has room for the 90 degree bend, but a thicker radiator would require a higher outlet that sits above the brace.
Drive it 'till it dies.......................best to just drive till it dies
QLDZDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   The Australian 300zx Owners Association > Buy and Sell > For Sale by Businesses