This forum is designed to be a space for discussion of all things 300ZX. Within this scope largely lies the possibility that technical information may appear on the board or elsewhere on the site. If you are going to take the advice of anyone or any information from this website, you should take note that these are personal opinions expressed merely by other Z owners and that anything they tell you may be potentially wrong and may result in you wasting your money, time, or damaging your car.
No one on this site or those responsible for its operation is to be held liable for any information that appears on it. The responsibility to decide whether you shall take another's advice is entirely yours. It is up to you to use this information however you please, but should you act on this information its source is not to be held responsible.
This forum is a community of like minded individuals who have a passion for sharing experience and knowledge concerning the Nissan Z32 300ZX. When you register to participate in the Australian 300zx Community Forum you agree to terms and conditions that include this: "by participating in this forum, you give us a worldwide, non revocable, perpetual, royalty-free license to copy your submitted statements in any medium and for any purpose. Rights to all content is passed to the forum"
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of someones personal privacy, adult material. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum or its staff. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
Any opinions expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster and do not necessarily represent those of the forum administration.
Posting Guidelines & Etiquette
Much of the following is just common sense and regular polite netiquette, please use your head and don't get into flame wars or the like.
- Please keep all material PG rated or better (no naked women, obscene images or language) as some people read the forum at work and everyone has different views on what is and what is not appropriate. This includes signatures. Posts which contain non PG content MUST have this indicated obviously in the post title, and should only appear in the Non Z Related (NZR) forum. Anything R or X rated will not be tolerated, and in the very least will be deleted. Members may be disciplined via the Infraction system, see below.
Youtube Tagging rules (linking to Youtube videos) are to follow the same principals as the rules for image posting. Penalties will also be the same for abuse of the feature, and the feature may be disabled if it is abused.
- No insults to individuals or groups (e.g. police, workshops, etc), keep criticism constructive rather than abusive.
- Please do not degenerate into flame wars or arguments that are not constructive. If an argument ensues simply ignore it, replying only continues it further.
- Please do not use the forum (a public place) for arguments or issues which are better left private.
- The Z Related (Technical) section is for 300ZX technical discussion only.
Threads in Z Related (Technical) should only be started with technical questions or technical statements about the 300ZX
General conversation and non technical threads will not be allowed in this section and will be moved to the new Z Related (Non Technical) section, or Non Zed related.
Topics within Z related (Technical) will be monitored, and posts that do not contribute to the topic will be removed.
- The Z Related (Non Technical) section is for all other discussion about the 300ZX that is not technical in nature, eg styling, colour, etc. Note it still must relate directly to the 300ZX. No general off topic discussion is allowed in this section.
- The NZR (Non Z Related forum) is for discussion non Z issues and subjects, it is not for discussion of political or religious issues which will inevitably lead to flame wars even if the original post is innocent. Quite frankly there are many other places if you want to discuss such issues and the purpose of this particular forum is not for that. The NZR forum is provided for this community to have light hearted off topic chat / discussion.
You are not allowed to provide links to web pages that contain pornography or other similarly or distasteful topics. Remember that above all, this is a community, and we have a high standard to uphold compared to other car forums on the Internet.
If you must indulge yourselves in areas that some people will find offensive, save that for email, IM or PM.
- Images should be resized to no larger than 800x600 with appropriate jpeg compression. Signatures should be no bigger than 60kb
- Images posted in threads should NOT be quoted in general replies except when necessary, i.e: quoting of a specific picture from multiple choices to clarify a point is acceptable.
With 5 forum moderators and the Report Bad Post function a post disregarding any of these guidelines will probably be deleted pretty quickly and will not do you any favours in terms of other member's opinions of you. Frequent disregard of these guidelines will incur infractions and possibly lead to you being banned from the site.... this is a great forum with great people and we intend to keep it this way.
Members that have been banned may not create additional accounts to circumvent the ban it will only extend the original ban time.
> Members may have one registered account (or presence) on the Forum. The nickname by which you are known forms this account.
> Choose your nickname wisely. Name changes will not be allowed for frivolous reasons. Any member wanting to request a name change must contact moderator MagicMike.
> Duplicate accounts are NOT permitted. In a family situation it is quite acceptable for a husband/wife/son/daughter to each have an individual account, provided that each account is used exclusively by the bone fide user.
> Use of another persons account OR creation of a personal (duplicate) account may see those accounts disabled, merged or deleted altogether.
Custom User Titles
Members may choose a Custom User Title in User CP/Edit Profile. The title selected must conform to the following guidelines or this privilege may be withdrawn without notice or recourse:
1. Keep it clean - no swear words or reference to race/religion etc.
2. Keep it brief - not to run over one line
3. Be unique - do not use existing Member nicknames
Members may create a personal signature (sig) for their profile assuming the following conditions:
>>A personal ad by a Member offering zed-related goods or services may be permitted provided any graphic, text, or LINK is wholly contained within the 750pixel x 200pixel sig block. 3rd party ads and LINKs to businesses are not permitted in order to maintain a non-commercial status.
>>Alternately, one (1) LINK to a Member's Garage or personal website is also acceptable.
The operators of this site run it as a non-profit venture, which tries to be completely unbiased in regards to products or businesses. The personal views of its members of course express their opinions on these matters. We wish there to be a minimum of advertising, however it is of course also logical to allow businesses to inform members of new products which are of Z relevance, and to provide information about product when specifically requested.
- No regular mentioning of product or specials in signatures or posts. Signatures can include only a single text link, no bio, mention of latest product or specials, etc.
- Informing members of a new product or Z related special is acceptable once on the forum only.
- Product or businesses should only be mentioned in response to specific questions (e.g. "Who sells product xxx?").
- Mentioning of your business in profiles is ok, but keep it low key (e.g. a single image and short bio).
- Frequent posts which are not a direct advertisement but which are constant indirect promotion of a business or product may be removed at the administrator's discretion.
These guidelines on advertising relate only to instances where profit is involved. Non profit examples such as group buys organized by a member who will not explicitly gain from it, but is merely getting themselves and others a better price can be more proactive as it is of direct benefit to members. Basically, if it is of use, interest or benefit to members with no other motives, it is not bound by these guidelines.
Buying from other members - buyer beware
Buying goods from other forum members can involve risk, it is suggested anyone concerned about being ripped off should consider the following safeguards, and these are not a bad idea for anyone planning to purchase from sellers on the forum
- Ensure you have adequate contact details from the seller, preferably a full name, email address (non generic addresses such as a Yahoo account are better but sometimes not avoidable) and a phone number. An address is good but some people may be uncomfortable giving out this information, it is your choice on how to interpret this. Although not foolproof the aim is to know who the seller is and be able to contact them or contest the issue should problems arise. Any seller who wishes to remain completely anonymous aside from their email address should be dealt with very cautiously.
- Search for posts made by the seller to learn of their involvement on the forum, if they are well known, and so on. Likewise search for posts including the sellers name to see if there have been complaints in the past. If the seller has few or no posts ask them if they have a reputation on other forums or can illustrate why they can be trusted.
- Cash On Delivery (COD) is a method of ensuring at least something is sent, however this does not guarantee the goods you receive will be what you purchased or in the condition indicated.
- Consider using PayPal as it does offer some limited protection against fraud.
- If buying from a seller in your state if possible pick up goods directly, if in another state see if you can get a friend to pick up goods on your behalf.
- If you are genuinely concerned ask if the seller is willing to go via a third party escrow service
- Visit http://www.forumscams.com/ for scammers acting across several forums
- Inform the moderators if you have been ripped off. While we are not a judge and jury nor enforcers, if trends with one particular seller arises we may take action.
- Remove expired ad's: Members should request LOCKING or DELETION of classifieds posts once an item is sold or no longer for sale. PM any Moderator for assistance.
- No auctions. Advertisements must have a price rather than requesting an offer and playing members off against each other.
If you have, or plan a simultaneous auction on eBay or similar site for the same product(s), by all means place a link in your advertisement for the purpose of additional information or pictures. For such advertisements, your asking price must still be clearly stated within your original post
- Please include all of the relevant details such as price, your location, willingness to ship interstate or other pertinent information
- No unnecessary multiple listings. If you have 5 items to sell, put them all in the same advertisement, not 5 separate ones.
- Post with no activity older then 2 months may be deleted at moderators' discretion
- Z related items only. Non Z Related items may be deleted at moderators' discretion.
- Users who bump their thread only to push back to the top of the related forum will be deleted. Exceptions are lowering the price to make the sale more appealing or adding relevant information.
To reduce the potential risk to buyers in a group buy, you must post contact information as per GB Forum Template (see Sticky).
In addition, please be aware of the following:-
A semi-automated system relying on RBP's (Reported Bad Post's) from Members with minimal Moderator intervention
- Anything in violation of the guidelines mentioned above.
- Any post encouraging illegal/dangerous activity. These will either be deleted or if not left to be voted to deletion by the members (it WILL happen).
- Posts which are in the wrong forum (e.g. a for sale ad' in the main Z forum). These will typically be moved to the appropriate section.
- Duplicate posts across forums (e.g. a post in the main Z forum telling people to look at a post in the Events forum). Duplicate post between the Events section and the Events Discussion forum are acceptable.
- Topics which have already been discussed recently (in the last week or so). A deletion email will include a link to the previous thread.
- Posts which are personal communication that simply push other more relevant posts off the main page (e.g. "Mr. Abc, you have mail"). This only applies to root threads, replies to other posts are acceptable as they don't push other information off the main page, although.
- Entries in the Classifieds section more than 2 months old.
- Posts which correct spelling or similar containing no useful content.
- Post that have no purpose other then to drive up the poster's post count.
- Posts that are a direct reference to a 3rd Party Ebay (or similar) Ad
- Non english posts. The owners of this board have a potential legal liability for the content of posts, and are not prepared to accept any post in languages we may not fully understand.
Moderators maintain the right to delete posts or leave them untouched at their discretion.
This may not cover everything so please keep it within the spirit of these guidelines, and if there is a grey area please contact K-zed, Pexzed, GmBrezzo, Jinxed, Sanouske or Vader for more info or clarification.
There is a lot of behavior which does not violate the guidelines but which can still be detrimental to the forum. Experience has shown that arguments on the forum and friction between members turns a lot of other people off and hurts the site and its atmosphere a lot. Furthermore, it rarely if ever achieves anything other than to frustrate a lot of people, and worse still can typically be avoided if people just put some fore thought and care into what they post, or show a bit of humility and not post something that's going to cause trouble, even though they could or may impulsively want to.
The Administrator reserves the right to add to or amend these rules as circumstances dictate.
[last update - 22.8.13 by K-zed]
Moderators decisions are final if you disagree with any decision please contact the Moderator direct. Do not post on the forums.
Click HERE to go to Forum History & Moderators - Who's Who?
|Member Contact Database|
MEMBERS CONTACT DATABASE UP AND RUNNING - CLICK HERE
I have created a password protected area on my webserver to hold this information to keep it secure from non members.
This is how it works:-
This database and it's correct use relies on you. People that list their contact details are prepared to make themselves available for other forum members to contact them.
As the caller, you need to observe certain "common sense" rules. As an example, just because you may be up until midnight fixing your Zed, doesn't mean that other members want to be called at that hour if you run into trouble.
Any substantiated claims of abusing this database will result in your immediate removal, and no doubt being shamed on the forum too.
I'll probably update the list once per day that I receive submissions.
If you have any questions post them up, but please do not post up requests to join or passswords etc. Please PM that to me
Members need to have 200 posts under their belt to join.
Cheers Greg (PEXZED)